Written Emergency Evacuation Plan
This written plan is for all emergencies requiring evacuation at Quest College physical location:
In case of emergency all Instructors of Quest College shall be responsible for implementation of this plan for his/her class, and are required to take their roster as they exit the building. A drawing of this evacuation plan is placed in offices, common areas, and classrooms of Quest College. The written evacuation plan is as follows:
- Faculty and staff will familiarize him/herself with the evacuation plan, (assuming North is to the top of the drawing) which is located at the front of every room by the door.
- Instructors shall be prepared to instruct his/her students to follow the emergency evacuation chart and exit the building according to said chart. All students and instructors will meet in an area a safe distance away from the building in the North (back) parking lot.
- Classrooms 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 shall exit using the east hallway to proceed to the South Stairway #1. Maroon route on the evacuation map.
- Classroom 6 occupants will exit through the classroom hallway door and go directly to the South Stairway # 1. Purple route on the evacuation map.
- All Corporate staff shall exit through the center and use either stairway #1 or #2 depending on which exit is closer and available to their location. Green route on the evacuation map.
- All Administrative staff shall exit through the center and use either stairway #1 or #2 depending on which exit is closer and available to their location. Gray route on the evacuation map.
- Classrooms 7A, 7B, 8, 9, 10, 11 the resource center shall exit through the classroom doors and follow the hallway to the outer hallway door and exit the building through the North Stairway #2. Orange route on the evacuation map.
- The instructor shall use the attendance roster to determine that every student has exited the building and is present at the predetermined area in the North (back) parking lot.
- For night time classes, if authorities have not been called one instructor, chosen by the Director of Faculty and Student Services, shall dial 911 and report the emergency to the appropriate authorities, then if necessary an administrator of Quest College shall be called.
- No one will be allowed back into the building until it has been cleared by the authorities. It is the responsibility of the instructors to see that all students follow this plan to the letter and that students not leave the premises until permission is given.
- If it has been determined that the building is safe to enter all instructors and students may enter the building.
- If it is determined that the building is unsafe then the administrator of Quest College will make the decision to allow students to leave, but not allowing them to retrieve any personal effects from the building.
- The Director of Faculty and Student Services will write up a Report of Evacuation to be placed in Central Files.