Bureau of Labor Statistic and
Occupational Labor Statistics
- Job Description: “Social media specialists communicate with the public through platforms that allow users to create and share content online. They run their employers’ social media accounts, working to build a brand’s reputation.
- Median salary USA: $56,770 ($27.29 per hour)
- Day to day. As a social media specialist, you’ll interact with the public in lots of different ways. One minute, you might be fielding criticism; the next, you’ll respond to positive feedback.
- Throughout it all, you must maintain a professional tone and keep your employer’s best interests in mind. “You have to make sure that whatever you’re posting reflects the brand’s mission and goals,” says Lanae, “and you have to have a strategy.”
- Constantly monitoring the brand’s reputation and keeping up with current events may be all-consuming. That can be both bad and good. “It can be a challenge for your personal life,” says Lanae. “But the real-time piece that makes my job hard also makes it fun.”
- Jobs and pay.The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) groups social media specialists with other types of public relations specialists. These workers might go by a various job titles, including digital engagement specialist, social media strategist, and online community manager.
- In May 2015, there were about 218,910 public relations specialists working in wage and salary jobs, according to BLS. Their median annual wage was $56,770, higher than the $36,200 median for all workers. These data do not include employment and wages of self-employed workers.
Other Relevant Information
Many opportunities in Texas because of large city sizes:
- 4th largest city in USA – Houston, Texas, population 2,303,482
- 7th largest city in USA – San Antonio, Texas, Population 1,492,510
- 9th largest city in USA – Dallas, Texas, Population 1,317,929
Quest College Information
- Standard Benefits Packages
- Receive laptop computer as part of tuition
- Build you own website using WordPress
- Start your own business Facebook Page
- Learn Graphics
- Learn photo and video editing
- Learn website page editing
- Learn Microsoft Office Products
- Standard work schedule
- Externship to provide student with hands-on experience
- Placement assistance upon graduation
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- On-line lectures and resident laboratory training
For more Information, fill-out the form, click the email address, or
Click the phone number
Mobile: (210) 366-2701