Choosing an accredited school should be part of your requirement. Accreditation ensures that education provided by institutions of higher education meets certain levels of quality. Proper accreditation is also important for the acceptance of college credit.
Council on Occupational Education (COE), 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300 Suite 325 Atlanta Georgia 30350, (770) 396-3898.
Approved and Regulated by:
- The State of Texas as a private education corporation and approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Career Schools and Colleges, 101 East 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78778-0001 (512) 936-3100.
- Texas Veterans Commission, P.O. Box 12277, Austin, Texas, 78711 (512)463-6564
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations, P.O. Box 12157, Austin, Texas 78711 (512) 463-6599
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in Nurse aide Training and Competency Evaluation program
Approved Vendor for:
- Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, (DARS)
- Education Recipients of the Workforce Investment Act, (WOIA)
Certification Testing by:
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), Gardner, Kansas